The SC1102 is a battery-operated tracking device engineered for capturing in-transit temperature and location. It is an ideal solution for tracking shipments over the road, in flight and at sea when device retrieval is not required or possible.
Click the link below to view the SC1102 Product Datasheet.
Verifying Device Functionality
To verify that the SC1102 device is functioning, following these steps:
- To activate the SC1102, press and hold the activation button on the top of the device for two seconds and then release.
An LED will turn RED and continue to flash while the device is on at 15-second intervals.
The device will generate and send a position report to the SC iOn™ Command platform upon activation.
- Log on to the SC iOn Command platform at www.scioncommand.com.
- Click TRACKING DEVICES from the top menu bar.
- Click the filter icon in the MDN column header.
- Type the last four digits of the MDN number in the Contains field.
- Click Filter.
- Check the Date Updated and Address columns to make sure that the platform has received a current position.
- Verify that the device battery percentage shown in the Battery% column is 95% or higher.
If the device has not reported a current position within five minutes of powering on, move it near a door or window to allow a clear view of the sky.
After the device has successfully reported its current position to the SC iOn Command platform, it will be ready to be deployed on a shipment.
Device Placement in a Shipment
In order to achieve the best transmission possible, the SC1102 device must be placed properly inside the container or trailer with the antenna facing the correct way.
Device placement will vary based on the type of shipping containers and trailers being used and cargo being shipped.
The antenna on the SC1102 faces the TOP of the device (button side).
For container shipments, to optimize performance, we recommend placing the device at the front of the container with the antenna facing up (button side up).
Device Recommended Placement
Here are some other placement recommendations:
- Rear of trailer: Antenna facing toward the doors in the back
- Fiberglass roof: On top of the load with the antenna facing up
- Wood floor: At the bottom with the antenna facing down
Do not place the SC1102 on top of the wheel well or axles!
If you have any questions, contact the Technical Account Management (TAM) team at [email protected].
Updated over 2 years ago